Finance or Lease for Vans
We understand that some of our customers find the decision between Hire Purchase or Finance Lease a difficult one, so please find below a simple explanation of both finance options.
Hire Purchase enables the customer to obtain a new or used refrigerated vehicle in return for regular payments over a specified period.
- The customer pays full VAT up front and claims it back in the normal way
- VAT is not charged on the monthly payments
- Legal Title passes to the customer at the end of the agreement
- Customer retains 100% of any future sale proceeds
- Negotiable deposit
- Customer claims his/her own Writing Down Allowance against tax
- Leave credit lines, particularly with bankers, unaffected
- Repayment are fixed at drawdown
- Agreement is secured on the asset being financed – no need for additional security
- Flexible, tailored finance to suit you
You know exactly what you have to pay and when, allowing you to plan ahead and retain control.
Finance Lease is defined as paying for use, not ownership, of an asset. The customer takes possession and enjoys the use of the a new or used refrigerated vehicle in return for payment of regular rentals. At the end of the lease period, the customer may extend the lease period by paying a secondary rental or sell the refrigerated vehicle as our agent and receive up to 95% of the sale proceeds.
- The customer is responsible for Maintenance, Repair, Service and insurance
- VAT is payable by the customer on lease rentals as they fall due
- Secondary Lease period available — Nominal rentals beyond the end of the agreement allow the customer to continue using the vehicle — Further flexibility to suit the customer
- Reduces the need to tie-up capital in fixed asset
- Allows use of a new or used refrigerated vehicle with minimal capital outlay
- Leaves other credit lines, particularly with bankers, unaffected
- Lease period can be matched to the anticipated life of the refrigerated vehicle
- Finance Lease payments are 100% Tax deductible
- Legal title retained by lessor
- Simple and quick arrangement — less time wasted, more time for you and your customers to concentrate on business